Introduction to data visualization with humanistic data from the Old Bailey Court records, focusing on defendants between 1780 and 1786. Sample visualizations include both categorical (nominal) and numeric data.
- To begin, either download and install Tableau Desktop (if you are an instructor or student, you can register for a free license) or sign up for a Tableau Public account and use the software online in a browser window or tab.
- Download the data here. (Click the download button.)
Training Video (August 2020)
Workshop Slides (2021)
- Free Tableau Training Videos
- Tableau Student Guide
- Getting Started with Data Visualization (DH Seminar, Stanford University, 2011)
- Visual Analysis Best Practices (Tableau Guidebook)
- Best Design Practices for Tableau Dashboards (Interworks, 2017)
- Designing Efficient Tableau Workbooks (Jason Oakes, Tableau Conference, 2018)
- Web supplement to Visualising Data by Andy Kirk with resources, tools, exercises, and case studies.